SYDNEY, Aug. 18 (Xinhua) -- Two people have been charged with murder after police in the Australian state of Queensland located a body while investigating the disappearance of a man who had been missing for four years.
The Queensland Police Service (QPS) said on Tuesday that officers investigating the March 2022 disappearance of the 46-year-old man on Monday executed a search warrant at a property in the suburb of Bethania, 26 km south of Brisbane, where they allegedly located human remains.
A crime scene was established and two people, a 52-year-old man and a 45-year-old woman, were subsequently each charged with murder and interfering with a corpse.
The QPS said that the man and woman who have been charged were scheduled to make an initial court appearance on Tuesday. ■
