JAKARTA, Jan. 24 (Xinhua) -- Indonesia posted an investment realization of 1,207.2 trillion rupiahs (about 80.56 billion U.S. dollars) for 2022, exceeding the target of 1,200 trillion rupiahs (about 80 billion U.S. dollars) set at the start of the year, said Investment Minister Bahlil Lahadalia on Tuesday.
This figure increased by 34 percent over the previous year's total of 901.02 trillion rupiahs (about 60 billion U.S. dollars).
"At first, we were pessimistic about this goal, but we were able to reach 1,207.2 trillion," Lahadalia said at a press conference.
Foreign investment reached 54.2 percent, with Singapore, China, Japan and Malaysia as the main investors. Local investors contributed the remaining 45.8 percent.
These investments were primarily in the manufacturing, mining, transportation, telecommunications and pharmaceutical industries. ■