Cambodia's bourse gets 9th corporate bond issuer-Xinhua

Cambodia's bourse gets 9th corporate bond issuer

Source: Xinhua| 2023-01-19 12:36:00|Editor: huaxia

PHNOM PENH, Jan. 19 (Xinhua) -- Real estate firm Golden Tree became the ninth firm to list its corporate bonds on the Cambodia Securities Exchange (CSX) on Thursday.

Oum Sereyrotanak, chief financial officer of Golden Tree, said the firm had issued 60,000 bonds, raising 6 billion riels (1.5 million U.S. dollars) in the first phase.

"The issuance of green bonds will not only allow Golden Tree to raise funds for business expansion, but also contribute to the development of the sustainable financial sector in Cambodia," he said at the official listing ceremony here.

Currently, the company owned VTrust Tower, a 15-storey office building, in the capital's 7 Makara district.

CSX Chief Executive Officer Hong Sok Hour said the company's corporate bonds have a maturity date of five years with a coupon rate of 7 percent per annum.

According to Sok Hour, to date, some 36,000 investors have opened trading accounts at the CSX.

Launched in 2012, the CSX is a joint venture between the Cambodian government holding 55 percent of the stakes and the Korea Exchange owning the remaining 45 percent.