Namibia Football Association confirms delay to FIFA President's Southern Africa tour-Xinhua

Namibia Football Association confirms delay to FIFA President's Southern Africa tour

Source: Xinhua| 2025-11-04 23:45:45|Editor: huaxia

WINDHOEK, Nov. 4 (Xinhua) -- The Namibia Football Association (NFA) on Tuesday announced the postponement of the official visit by FIFA President Gianni Infantino, who had been scheduled to arrive on November 9 in the capital city of Windhoek.

Infantino's visit to Namibia, part of a planned six-nation tour in Southern Africa, has been postponed due to unexpected changes in his official schedule, the NFA announced.

The NFA, in close consultation with the FIFA Regional Office in South Africa, is working diligently to secure a new date for the visit, NFA's Interim General Secretary Cassius Moetie said.

"We are looking forward to welcoming Infantino at the earliest possible opportunity to continue strategic conversations on domestic and international football development for the young boys and girls and the implementation of FIFA Forward projects in Namibia," he said.

EXPLORE XINHUANET