MADRID, Aug. 19 (Xinhua) -- Rayo Vallecano coach Benat San Jose expressed his frustration at his side having to play its La Liga matchday 2 game at Leganes' Butarque Stadium on Thursday rather than in the club's own Vallecas home.
Rayo has been forced to temporarily move to nearby the second division side's ground after the Madrid regional government suspended its license to play in Vallecas, citing several breaches of safety regulations.
The club from the south of Madrid tried to have the game postponed, but La Liga refused.
"We're very upset and frustrated," admitted San Jose speaking to the press on Wednesday when he said he had been told the game could have been held in Vallecas.
"The club has informed me over the past few days that all the paperwork and permits are in order, but that they haven't authorized us to play... Until this morning, we were waiting to see if we could play in Vallecas," explained the former Eibar boss.
"That hasn't happened to us; we've been denied the option to play in our stadium, and it's not an easy situation," San Jose continued. ■



