RIO DE JANEIRO, May 16 (Xinhua) -- Former Brazil forward Hulk said on Saturday he was ready to help Fluminense challenge for titles after joining the Rio de Janeiro club on a free transfer from Atletico Mineiro.
The 39-year-old faced the media in his first press conference since signing an 18-month deal with Fluminense earlier this month, and promised to do all he could to help deliver silverware for his new club.
"I'm arriving with a lot of desire and determination to make every effort worthwhile," the former Porto, Zenit St Petersburg and Shanghai Port player said.
"I've started training and have tried to bring my energy to the players. The atmosphere has been very relaxed and you can see that everyone is prepared. I'll try to contribute the best I can."
Hulk will only be eligible to play for Fluminense when Brazil's mid-year transfer window opens on July 20.
He said he was already adapting to his new environment.
"I already feel at home at our training center," said Hulk, who has 49 Brazil caps.
"Everyone knows the history of the Maracana, a stadium respected worldwide. I'm very hungry, very confident that I'll make the most of my time here and win titles with this group." ■



