ADEN, Yemen, May 26 (Xinhua) -- Yemen's flag carrier Yemenia on Friday started operating seven additional flights to evacuate 1,250 citizens from conflict-ridden Sudan.
The Yemeni Foreign Ministry said in a statement that the batch would be evacuated to Aden or Sanaa, and the first of these flights carrying 195 Yemenis has departed from Port Sudan airport.
The ministry noted that the government's evacuation process was expected to complete by next Monday.
So far, more than 1,590 Yemenis have been evacuated, 790 of whom boarding four flights to Aden and Sanaa, while 800 others were evacuated by sea to the Saudi port of Jeddah, it said.
Deadly armed clashes between the Sudanese Army and the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces since April 15 have triggered a growing list of countries to evacuate citizens.
The Yemeni ministry said that approximately there were 17,000 Yemeni people staying in Sudan. Many of them took refuge in the African country during the ongoing Yemeni civil war. ■