Polish striker Milik loaned to Juventus-Xinhua

Polish striker Milik loaned to Juventus

Source: Xinhua

Editor: huaxia

2022-08-27 09:30:45

WARSAW, Aug. 26 (Xinhua) -- Juventus has completed the transfer of 28-year-old Polish forward Arkadiusz Milik on a season-long loan from Marseille, the Italian club confirmed on Friday.

Coach Massimiliano Allegri needed a striker after Paulo Dybala left the club on a free transfer and Alvaro Morata returned to Atletico Madrid. Juventus had been in talks with Memphis Depay, but finally chose Milik.

"The Bianconeri squad and, specifically, our attack has been enforced. Arkadiusz Milik has signed for the club on loan from Olympique Marseille, and from today he is officially a Juventus player," the club wrote in a statement.

Marseille agreed to a 2-million-euro (2-million-U.S. dollar) loan deal with an option to buy at a further 8 million euros (8 million U.S. dollars). Juventus guaranteed Milik a salary of 3.5 million euros (3.5 million U.S. dollars) per year.

"I feel very excited. It's a wonderful day for me. I've joined a great club, one of the greatest in the world," Milik was quoted as saying by the club's official site.

"It's good to be back in Italy. Juventus has its own style of football and a philosophy. I hope to improve here by playing with great players. I will learn a lot from them," the Pole added.

Allegri told Friday's press conference that it's possible Milik will play against Roma on Saturday.

"I'm really satisfied with Milik's arrival. He has great numbers and he will strengthen our attack. I believe he can cooperate with Dusan Vlahovic as a forward," said the Juventus coach.