CAIRO, March 11 (Xinhua) -- The Egyptian Health Ministry announced on Wednesday seven new cases of COVID-19, raising the number of infected cases in the country to 67.
Meanwhile, seven of the 27 whose tests have turned from positive to negative for COVID-19 were discharged from the quarantine hospital, the ministry's spokesman Khaled Megahed said in a statement.
"The seven cases were discharged from quarantine after they were tested negative twice," he added.
The seven who recovered and left hospital on Wednesday included six Egyptians and a foreigner, and the seven newly confirmed cases are of six Egyptians and a foreigner, according to Megahed.
Earlier in March, Egypt reported the death of a 60-year-old German tourist as the first fatality among the 67 COVID-19 cases discovered in the country.
Megahed confirmed that there are no other cases nationwide except those announced by the ministry.
"Once an infection is suspected, it will be announced immediately and with all transparency, based on the international health regulations and in coordination with the World Health Organization," said the Egyptian health ministry's spokesman.