TUNIS, March 11 (Xinhua) -- The Tunisian Health Ministry on Wednesday announced the seventh confirmed case of the novel coronavirus in the country.
"The case is a Tunisian national who has just returned from Egypt," announced Tunisian Minister of Health Abdellatif Mekki.
Prime Minister Elyes Fakhfakh said that he does not yet know the extent of the negative impact of the spread of the COVID-19 on the Tunisian economy.
On Tuesday, Nissaf Ben Alaya, director general of the National Observatory of New and Emerging Diseases, said an application had been created to allow any arrival to monitor his state of health.
The sanctions for those who do not comply with the instructions required by the Ministry of Health can face up to six-month imprisonment and a fine of 1,500 dinars (532 U.S. dollars), the official warned.