KUALA LUMPUR, March 11 (Xinhua) -- Malaysia on Wednesday announced 20 new cases of COVID-19, bringing the total number to 149, said the Health Ministry.
Another case had been declared cured and discharged, making for a total of 26 who had recovered in Malaysia, Health Ministry director-general Noor Hisham Abdullah said in a statement.
Noor Hisham added that the ministry was investigating a case reported in Brunei, as the individual had been in Malaysia for a gathering between Feb. 27 and March 1 that included thousands of attendees from several countries.
"Initial information is that the gathering included an estimated 10,000 participants from several countries including Malaysia. Malaysian participants were estimated at 5,000. State health departments are investigating the matter in their respective states," he said.
Meanwhile, Malaysian Health Minister Adham Baba said Malaysia would bar entry to all arrivals from Italy, Iran and South Korea, including citizens and foreigners arriving from these countries, effected from March 13, local media reported.